Friday, December 29, 2006

Saddam Hussein: Executed



I thought it prudent to document in Shella Uncut that US news is reporting that Saddam Hussein has been executed. Hanged for crimes against humanity.

I feel conflicted. Do you ever wonder whether Saddam made Iraq, or Iraq made Saddam? Do you ever wonder whether he received a fair trial? I do.

--Shella

UPDATE: A dear friend and colleague of mine, Jacques (who is too shy to make a comment on my blog - yet), has forwarded a link that we think readers will want to know about. I've included below Jacques' email to me which includes the link.


Subject: Baghdad Burning
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:07 AM

If you haven’t read Baghdad Burning, you should – and maybe add it to your blogroll.

Riverbend doesn’t write often – two posts over the course of a couple of days is not her usual level of written production – but she’s incensed over the way the Butcher was tried and executed.

She’s an Iraqi woman, writing from inside Baghdad, and gives an “inside” view of life in that city, outside the Green Zone. I first read one of her posts through a link on Emptywheel. But these posts came to my attention through Juan Cole’s blog.

It’s as close to an Al Jazeera account that we can get.

No comments: