Friday, February 16, 2007

Part I: Chopsticks and Afro Combs.....



<--------This is the after.



This is the before------>

I chose Salon Monaco (http://wwww.salonmonaco.com/). Crescent the owner is the person who worked with me (Hi Crescent!). She's out of town this weekend but is writing a little something for this blog which I'll post next week. Also, I want to send a big "Thank You" to the other stylists, who were not only helpful but really friendly and fun to talk with. I had a very pleasant experience - local readers should check them out!

This post is my third attempt to get the pics to upload correctly - let's see if it works! This is a before shot of my hair from behind (it's long huh).

You've got to be wondering why this post is called Chopsticks and Afro Combs. Well, let me tell you.

Aside from the fact that they had take-out Japanese food for lunch, it appears that Crescent is most comfortable using a chop stick to separate wavy hair for highlighting. Go figure. It begs the question, of course, how on earth did she discover THAT preference! I'll bet the story involves a late night (or early morning), a bottle of sake, and yet more Japanese take-out. And in lieu of a typical wide tooth comb, clients get the Afro comb treatment. Talk about quirky, eh?

One thing that strikes me, is that the hair color doesn't appear all that different in the two above pics. In actuality, the color is very different. My hair is quite a bit lighter, but why it doesn't translate in the pics is a mystery. I'll be sure to show you what it looks like unstraightened (wavy).

It was a great experience. Crescent said I should wait a couple weeks to get used to this before I decide the next step. However, I make a prediction (cue the drum roll): I'll want to go lighter (and get a prettier pic of myself)

I'll post more later.

--Shella

P.S. Thank you Janine, for taking the pic!



No comments: