Friday, February 2, 2007

Simone's Midnight Art Project: Cool or Creepy?

When I first moved into my house, and at Remarkable Simone's request, I did a quick sketch of her on the white coated cardboard insert from a new set of bed sheets.

It hung around in Simone's room for about four years, she never wanted to get rid of it (God only knows why, I am no Rembrandt).

A day or so ago, around midnight she pulled out her crayons and much to my surprise, colored the sketch. She wouldn't go back to bed until she finished it.

The result is shown here, but my lousy photo does not really do it justice.

Simone's art is actually --- well, remarkable. Her use of vibrant and untraditional color is lovely. And primitive.

I guess the only thing that I can't quite figure out is why she didn't color in her eyes. It gives the art a very odd quality. I can't quite decide if its cool or creepy. Not that it really matters, I am so taken with this that I am going to have it framed.

--Shella


UPDATE: Mr. Fix-It cleaned-up Simone's art. How's this?

No comments: