Sunday, June 17, 2007

JANINE: Congrats, My Beautiful Friend!!!



Well, it couldn't happen to a nicer gal. One of my oldest friends (ahem. I mean longest known), Janine, has bought a home. And, it's a stunner.

One of the most charming aspects of this little gem is that it's in original condition. Since it is VERY high end, some of the details that others might not appreciate I think are wonderful!

DON'T change the cabinet knobs. DON'T change the scrolled cut-out doors in the bathroom. DON'T change the amazing (and weirdly-opening) windows! They're classics! And the built-ins in the living room? You couldn't buy those nowadays without spending several thousand dollars. By the way, I love the smoke glass hall light - and I love the ceilings despite the fact that in the last few decades they've lost favor among the trendy crowds and their designer-bots.

(Update: I had a dream last night that Janine had the ceilings airbrushed into the most subtle and beautiful ultra light blue sky with white clouds ala trompe l'oeil, but it was soooo subtle. Best of all, the texture added a suede-like texture to the sky...)

Tell John that his armoire is perfect. As was his help.

In closing, I know you'll see this dear friend. Congratulations on your great real estate find and it couldn't have happened to a more wonderful person.

Much love,
--Shella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For you my sweet the door shall remain open forever!!

You warm me to the core....you know how a adore seeing my name in print!!

Anonymous said...

O.K.

That would be "I" adore

Love
Janine