Friday, August 29, 2008

What Happens When We Don't Really Care

The following Dateline NBC segments document why its critical for caring, thinking human beings to value (and provide services and supports for) our family, friends and community members with disabilities. To be held utterly accountable for how we treat our fellow man.

I know you. You don't want to see it. You know that you're a good person - right? You think you know already what exists in the world. You don't think you need to see it. You don't need to be reminded, do you? You don't have the time.

Yes, you do.

Part I is 5 minutes:

Part II is 10 minutes:

Part III is 7 minutes:


This is precisely and exactly why I work to make sure my community has affordable and accessible housing for families and adults with developmental and other disabilities. Why I pay attention to politics and politicians. Why I study state and federal budget issues. Why I advocate by any and all means for the service, support, and civil rights of people with developmental and other disabilities.

I know shit like this happens. Even in my home town, I see stuff you'd never believe.

No comments: