Monday, August 25, 2008

WITNESSING HISTORY: Michelle Obama


So. When I began this blog, I had the gut feeling that this time in history was like no other.

Basically I wanted there to be some kind of record that some Americans were capable of seeing reality. That some of us were not fooled. That some thought clearly despite the bombardment of propaganda, spin, lies, media bias, and HELL that was the Bush II Administration.

I thought that in some later generation, when the archaic first-generation "blogs" are being analyzed by sociological anthropologists, this blog and my personal expression might be recognized as a part of some larger human movement.

So tonight is the first night of the Democratic National Convention. It occurred to me that again... this is an incredible time in history. Who would have thought that the day would arrive (and I am sitting here watching it live) when Americans might not care the concentration of cellular melanin of the Democratic Candidate for President of the United States of America?

I was watching Senator Ted Kennedy. Everyone on earth knows he has a brain tumor - now inoperable. He will never again be the figurehead-survivor of the Kennedy legacy's most celebrated generation. My God. This is likely it. And he spoke from his heart and soul. About the basic human right to health care. "It's a right, not a privilege."

When Michelle Obama spoke, I thought... "this woman will most likely be our next first lady." This is history.

This, is history.

--Shella

------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. All the spin about a "disunited" democratic party is bullshit. Bullshit and lies. Manufactured conflict for the purpose of faking "concern" to undermine progress. Don't believe it folks, break free.

No comments: