Friday, September 26, 2008

Live Blogging the Debate: First Obama-McCain



5:30PM: There are about 30-minutes until the much-anticipated Obama-McCain debate. I hope I find myself shifting between ecstatic glee in watching Obama wipe the floor with McCain and (the usual, which is) screaming obsenities at the screen refuting the pathetic (but frusterating) talking points (lies) which spew forth from McCain like so much filth.

9:05 PM: Oh. My. God. I've just been in a fight. And the crochety old fuck McCain was so dismissive and paternalistic I could scream. And I HATE paternalistic old conservative men.

This is my take: This debate did not change anyone's mind.

Republicans (ideologues) must be thrilled that McCain's Alzheimer's did not leave him a babbling about pablum, however, he was completely disrespectful.

Democrats (patriots) are thrilled by Obama's competency and evident intellegence, however, he was too fucking polite. He should have NAILED McCain. Never again should he say "John is right" - my prediction is that it will haunt him to his grave;

For people who are undecided - I can't say. McCain will continue the philosophies of Bush. If you're sick of having a stupid, incompetent, fucking Republican administration, with a shallow President - you'll vote for change.

No comments: