Tuesday, November 4, 2008

44: President Elect Barack Obama

My very dear fellow Americans:

I cannot tell you what it means to me, and what an honor it is, to tell you this evening that history has been made, that an amazing American (a black American) has been elected President of the United States of America.

Barack Obama. The (soon to be) forty-fourth President of the United States of America.

I find myself to be speechless this evening. An eight year long nightmare has come to an end.

I choose to hope. I choose to believe. I choose to take the path never before taken, to be a part of history, to change the fate of the world, to honor America and cast my vote and my future to President Barack Obama.

(Toot: If you are watching from heaven, thank you. Your beloved grandson is President elect. And you, your love, your humble and plainspoken ways have set the stage for change in this world. You did not live to see his election in life, but you've done your part and more. Thank you.)

Teary-eyed, battle worn, filled with hope, honored beyond belief, thankful, and still living.

No comments: