Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hiatus Ruckus Nexus


Okay, I went to the Rhyming Dictionary to get the title to this post. Sue me. In defense of the genesis of my post's title, I offer the following: I went on hiatus, it caused a ruckus, and we are at the nexus of a new day. (I am possibly the only person on earth capable of crafting such a torturous sentence!)

I've received emails (and calls from friends and family -- xoxoxo) asking why I haven't posted anything since Christmas day.

I told them what I will tell you. There is only one thing worth writing about - and that will be President-elect Obama's inauguration on January 20th. Finally, America will have a president who will (fingers crossed) honor his oath of office.

So, I am reserving my next post for January 21st when my eight-year long nightmare has come to an end. I am hoping to have processed the transition and to have some poignant (possibly snarky) thoughts on what the world has collectively been through with the Bush/Cheney Administration.

God save us and keep us safe. Thanks for your patience.

--Shella

No comments: