Wednesday, February 28, 2007

THE VIRGIN: (not)

The Virgin

Guessed blogged by Crescent, Owner and Stylist, Salon Monaco.

So much of helping a client with a makeover is to really listen to them. Not just to listen to their words, but their body language and personality, too!

The minute I started listening to Shella, I knew I wanted to be the stylist to help her create her new 'do! With all of Shella's enthusiasm, inspiration and sense of adventure, I couldn't wait to get started.

After consultation, then reading her blog, and one more consulatation at her first appointment, we agreed to take her on a "hair journey," changing her color and cut in stages.

Stage One: Took "before" pictures. Started with virgin hair (professional term for hair that has no artificial color), and highlighted it slightly to begin the lightening process. We also removed about 2 1/2 inches of length, shaped the hair and added soft layers.

After 2 hours in the chair, we finished stage one, blew her hair out straight and took our "after" pictures! Shella looks great, and did a great job of not "freaking out" during stage one!!! I'm hoping she's as excited for stage two as I am!


Hi Crescent, I sure am excited to move on to stage two! See you in a few weeks!

No comments: